I saw my gal pal Whitney post something like this the other day and I thought you know what, it’s been awhile since I introduced myself on this little ole’ blog too.
So for those of you new around these parts, here’s a little bit about the girl behind the blog. And for those of you who have been here for quite sometime, thanks for putting up with me and loving me enough to keep coming back 🙂
The girl behind the blog:
1. I’ve been married for almost three years and my husband and I only knew each for 7 months before that.
2. My son Nolan, aka Bubba, is the most handsome, coolest little boy you’ll ever meet. He’ll be two in January and he’s my best friend. #nerdmom
3. I’m currently pregnant with our second little blessing, a little girl, to be born this coming January. We’re naming her Paislee Grace, Miss P for short.
4. My husband has been in the army for three years now and we a have a little over three years to go. I don’t love the army life style but I guess it comes with the territory of being married to a badass, am I right?
5. I love Sour Patch Kids (especially the red ones) and basically any red candy. I HATE grape flavored anything.
6. I’m addicted to shopping. But even more so, addicted to finding good bargains. I love TJ Maxx, Marshall’s, Target clearance… it’s kind of a sickness. I don’t have the time or patience for Extreme Couponing but I would probably really like that too.
7. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I’m pretty emotional as it is and pregnancy hormones are making me a little crazy. I’m just a huge lover; I give 110% in relationships and love to love.
8. College was the best four years of my life; I went to Miami University… in Ohio, not in Florida. I was in a sorority after swearing I never would be, and I lived in a house with 5 of my best friends. Oh the good old days…
9. I’m obsessed with Starbucks, well any coffee really. I completely gave up caffeine my first pregnancy but with this one, there was no God given way I was going without it. A cup a day never hurt anyone, right?
10. I used to dance; tap and jazz in studio and then on my high school dance team. Hip hop is my favorite and I hope to find a studio in Georgia when I move. Zumba helps with the craving too.
11. I was born and raised in Ohio and lived here until I was 23. When I met Zach, we received orders to Fort Drum, New York (for almost 3 years) and are moving to Fort Benning, Georgia NEXT month. My parents live here in Ohio and this will always be “home base”. Whenever Z leaves for training or deployment, I come back here for the support and extra help. We think this is eventually where we’d like to settle post military…
12. My nicknames used to include Samistar (based on my middle school screen name), Snooki (based on my fun loving party girl self), but most people just call me Sam. I do have a few people that call me Sami, however and I love it.
Of course there are plenty of other crazy things and weird tendencies about me but you”ll figure those out as time goes on 😉
Thanks for stopping by and reading my daily rants; I’ve loved getting to know all of you and hope to continue our friendships for years to come!
“Be sure to check out this FREE app.. a must have for military life!”