As a stay-at-home-mommy, I don’t follow a schedule. I don’t wake up to an alarm (my son does the job just fine), I don’t dress business casual, I don’t commute to work, and I don’t hit happy hours in the evening (although sometimes wish I did).
However, I don’t usually fall into the stereotypical stay-at-home-mom category; sweatpants, no makeup, messy hair. Now don’t get me wrong, there is NOTHING wrong with sweatpants, and I will admit, there are some days I stay in my pajamas all day. However, most days, I choose to wake up, shower, and get ready as though I’m leaving the house. I do this for me. Not my husband, not my friends, not the ladies at the playground, but for me.
I like to feel beautiful. When I look good, I feel good. This isn’t meant to sound superficial; I’m not a model, I’m not a perfect size, and I’m not a Covergirl. However, I think beauty is something we create; beauty is confidence, comfort, and acceptance. And for me, I feel good when I take the time to put myself together.
If you don’t have time to doll yourself up everyday (which I don’t), there are a few things you can do to make yourself feel beautiful everyday. Whether you work from home or leave the house, we could all use a reminder that we are beautiful the way we are.
5 Ways To Feel Beautiful Everyday
1. Shower: even if you’re not leaving the house or don’t have the time to wash/dry your hair, take a “body” shower. We did this all the time in college when we wanted to freshen up without taking the time to redo our hair. Throw your hair in a bun so that it won’t get wet, wash your face and body, and even shave if you’re feeling crazy 😉
2. Get dressed. I’m not talking stilettos and diamond earrings here, but take the time to throw on a pair of jeans and a nice shirt. It feels so much better to be in nice clothes (especially all the fun spring clothes right now) than my baggy sweatpants and tank top.
3. Put makeup on (if you wear it). Everyone has their must have makeup item(s) (for me it’s eyeliner and mascara), and just by taking a few seconds to apply this I feel more alert and ready for the day.
4. Drink plenty of water: Drinking water is important for so many reasons but for me, I feel cleaner and fresher when I’m hydrated. Carry around a water bottle and just remember to sip it frequently.
5. Mantras: I don’t mean to sound like a psychologist or anything but when you say something enough, you start to believe it. Having a good hair day? Tell yourself. Feeling skinner? Tell yourself. Feeling down? Tell yourself you deserve to be happy. Confidence and acceptance will reduce stress, and as we know, stress takes a physical toll on the body. Save yourself the worry wrinkles or stress eating and be comfortable in your skin. You’ll feel and look better.
What do you do everyday that makes you feel beautiful? Whether you work from home or in an office, there are simple things you can do everyday to become the woman you’ve always wanted to be. I struggle with self image and confidence all the time, but these little things each day remind me of how lucky I am and how beautiful life is.
*These are personal opinions and I do not judge anyone who doesn’t agree with me. This is strictly what I do to make myself feel beautiful everyday… everyone is different!
Before you leave, meet one of my “Sergeants” aka awesome sponsors! Make sure you go and say hello! 🙂
“Check out this month’s featured blog, Life According to Kenz”