Spring date ideas.
With spring right around the corner, we’re all anticipating the warm weather, long days, and actually getting to spend time outside the house! My sweet friend Samantha and I (it’s an actual person, I’m not crazy and talking about myself) decided to put together a list of some of our favorite spring date ideas.
1. Explore the city. Even if you’ve lived in the same city all of your life, there’s always something you’ve been wanting to try but haven’t. Check out the museum you always drive by, or the restaurant you always mean to make a reservation for. Since we just moved to a new city, you bet your bottom dollar we will be out exploring a ton of new things.
2. Impromptu photo shoot. Get silly! Find props, matching outfits, themed gear, whatever! Not only will you have fun doing it, but you will be able to look back on the pictures years later and think of how much fun you were “back in the day”.
3. Build something. Maybe you’ve been meaning to redo a piece of furniture or start a garden… now is the chance! Head to Lowe’s or Home Depot and pick up some supplies to redo something in the house or build something new. Hello, we know men know what Pinterest is… now is the time to show them! (And direct them to your boards for future birthday and anniversary purpose while you’re there).
4. Take a trip. It doesn’t have to be something crazy, but head to the Kentucky Derby or a romantic weekend a few cities away. By planning a small trip, you will have something to look forward to and a fun new place to explore. Try a bed and breakfast, a concert, or a mini camping trip… step outside the box!
And now onto Samantha’s great ideas!
1. Plan a picnic for Saturday. This might be a picnic lunch in the park, just the two of you; or it could be a grill night and you could invite some friends over. We’re always looking for ways to get out of our apartment and be outside, especially when the spring weather is making us anxious for the even warmer summer weather. Plus, we think that meal-planning and wandering around the grocery store together can be fun – and much cheaper than paying for dinner and drinks on a patio at a restaurant.
2. Go for a walk, run, bike ride, or rollerblade session together. It allows you to spend time together while getting in a good workout. Plus, the endorphins from exercise mixed with laughter with the one you love will just plain make your heart happy.
3. Shop for Spring+Summer clothes. This sounds like such a girly thing but, even my husband would admit, it is fun to buy some new clothes for the season and a lot of men actually don’t mind shopping. Tell him you’ll have a beer with him at his favorite bar when you’re done if he needs a little convincing to spend a few hours at the mall 🙂
4. Go to a baseball game – professional, college, little league, doesn’t matter! It gets you outside, together, and you can even have a corn dog while you’re at it!
What are some of your favorite spring date ideas? We would love to hear them!
“Be sure to check out this month’s featured blog!”