Birth questions for Mother’s Day
I saw these birth questions floating around on Facebook and since Mother’s Day is this weekend, I thought it would be a fun thing to do today!
Each of my children’s births had their own unique experiences and for the most part, they were pleasant experiences. Some parts of birth are never pleasant but I have had healthy babies so I can’t complain! And considering I have to do it again in a few weeks (12 but who’s counting?) I wanted to remember all of the good things about birth!
Like holding that baby for the first time, hearing that sweet cry, and feeling completely content with everything in the world. SO let’s get into it, shall we?!
1. Epidural? Yes with my first and with my second, they gave me a spinal because she was coming too fast for an Epidural. Looking back I probably should have just delivered naturally but I was terrified.
2. Child’s daddy in the room? Yes, he was home from Afghanistan for two weeks so luckily I was induced with my first! And yes for the second.
3. Induced? With my first; I had Gestational Diabetes and Z was only home for two weeks.
4. C-section? Nope
5. Knew the sex beforehand? Yes. I said I wasn’t going to find out with this current pregnancy but I caved! haha
6. Due date? January 10th, January 17th, July 30th.
7. Birthday? January 4th, January 10th, and we will see with this one!
8. Morning sickness? With both of my girls. That’s how I knew this one was a girl!
9. Cravings? I craved a lot of sweets with my first (boy), salty with my second (girl), and this one has been all over the place. Mexican food, french fries, and Bacon Gouda sandwiches from Starbucks have been my life.
10. Weight gain? 25 with my first, 50 with my second, and I’m already close to 40 with this one.
11. Place of birth? Cleveland OH, Fort Benning GA, and this one *should* be Cleveland too!
12. Hours in labor? 4 with my first, 4 with my second, so I’m assuming this one will go quickly too but we’ll see!
13. Weight? 7 lbs 9 oz, 6 lbs 14 oz, and guess we’ll see shortly with this one!
14. Baby’s name? Nolan Zachary, Paislee Grace, and Piper Rose.
15. Age now? 6, 4, and due July 30th!
Some other interesting things about my birth experiences!
We moved when I was 38 weeks pregnant and the first time I went to the hospital for an appointment was the day I had the baby.
I had my membranes swept with my second and went into immediate labor.
I had a photographer for my second and it was one of the best things I ever did. Birth can be a super hectic time and instead of my husband snapping away with a camera, he was able to enjoy every minute of it.
If you want to read their full birth stories, you can read them here and here.
Feel free to copy and past and play along too! I love learning more about other mamas and their birth experiences 🙂 Make sure to share the link with me if you do!
And Happy early Mother’s Day to all the mamas out there! You’re my hero! 🙂
what do you think?