10 things I like about myself.
I was reading Holly’s blog the other day and it hit me; I am extremely judgmental of myself. As my husband always tell me, I’m my own worst critic but given some of the things I’ve dealt with in the past, it’s hard not to be.
But Holly made a great point… there is such a negative view of people having confidence and society taking it as arrogance. Well following her lead, I’m here to talk about 10 things I like about myself. I’ve had terrible self-esteem lately and I think it’s important for me to think about these things and see them in writing. I encourage all of you to do the same too…
|Beauty top from Sevenly c/o|
1. My sense of humor: I’m not a very serious person and although sometimes you can’t always tell on the blog, I’m sarcastic most of the time. I like to quote movies, I like to tell jokes, and I like to be the funny person in the room.
2. My honesty: I’ve talked about it before but I cannot stand liars. You will never catch me telling a lie because I just don’t see why anyone lies in the first place. I’m as real as it gets, people.
3. My kind heart: I’m a lover, hopeless romantic, and super kind. I love to make people feel loved and I love to show people how much I appreciate them. I think I get that from my dad (he’s sensitive and loving like me too).
4. My eyes: I have the same color eyes as my mama; they’re green with a ring of blue around them. I just love them.
5. Free spirited personally: I’m totally a free spirit and always have been (I also get this from my dad). I’m a dreamer, I live by quotes, and I certainly don’t like being told what to do. I like to do what I want, when I want. Rules are for the birds.
6. I’m a good listener: my name means “the listener” and although my parents would disagree with you, I’m actually a very good one. I love to help family and friends through problems when they’re having them and they know their secrets are safe with me. I’ve trusted the wrong people at times and I know what it feels like, so my family and friends will never have to worry about me divulging anything.
7. My sense of style: I don’t really have one. I wear whatever makes me feel good and whatever is one sale (seriously, I don’t ever pay full price). I tried to keep up with other people and trends when I was in college and hated it. I love that I can finally express myself without living outside my means.
8. Being passionate: I’m super passionate about things that mean a lot to me; my family, my friends, my alma mater, and writing. Those are probably my biggest passions in life. Oh and if shopping is considered a passion, slap that one in there too.
9. Being a wife and mommy: Although somedays I want to cry with frustration or I feel guilty for putting Nolan in 9 million timeouts, I know I’m doing the right thing. I want to teach them the same values and morals Z and I believe in and make them appreciate everything they have. I want to teach them to love, to be honest, to be kind, embrace learning, and so much more.
10. My strength: if you would have asked me 4 years ago if I would have experienced the things I have at this point in my life, I would have looked at you like you were crazy. We’ve lived in three states, survived a 10 month deployment, had two kids, been apart for almost as much time as we’ve been together, and so much more. I’ve tried to smile through it all and make the best of it. I’ve held down the home front and raised our children and for that, I couldn’t be more proud.
Thank you Holly for inspiring this post and like I said, I think we all need to sit down and do this every once in awhile. We matter and it’s important to remind ourselves of that 🙂
Sevenly will be donating $7 from every purchase this week to All Girls Allowed, an organization that raises money to provide food, clothing, and medical aid to baby girls in China that have been discarded due to China’s One-Child Policy. You can read more about the cause here and purchase the shirt pictured above here.
“Be sure to check out this month’s featured blog!”
what do you think?