8 things to do with kids in Cleveland
I was born and raised in Cleveland but it’s a whole new town to explore when you have kids! There are so many family-friendly places to visit in Cleveland and since we finally had a chance to explore some of them, I wanted to share them with all of you.
Whether you’re planning a quick trip or you live in the area, here are 8 things to do with kids in Cleveland:
1) Great Lakes Science Center. Along with hundreds of exhibits, they also offer tickets for purchase for the the Cleveland Clinic DOME theater and when the weather is nice, you can take a tour of the Steamship William G. Mather (open May-October). Head to the Polymer Fun House if you have smaller children (7 and under) or the more advanced experiments for the older kids on three levels of fun!
2) Corner Alley:The Corner Alley features state-of-the-art bowling, great drinks, delicious bites and HD TVs to watch the big game! Such a great spot for the whole family and a very family-friendly atmosphere.
3) The Children’s Museum of Cleveland: One of the newest attractions to Cleveland after being renovated, it’s one of our favorites! It features 3 floors of fun for children ages 0-8. Between a giant indoor playground, water play, reading nook, arts and crafts, miniatures, and more, there’s something for everyone.
4) Christmas Story House. The tour guide told us about the history and how the owners spent 2 years (and a ton of money) to re-do the home frame by frame for accuracy. The kids loved being able to pick up the props, answer the phone, and hide under the sink for a photo opp. So kid-friendly and fun for the whole family! After touring the house, you can walk over to the museum and see original costumes and props.
5) Greater Cleveland Aquarium:Prior to being the aquarium it was the Great Lakes Powerhouse, so the building itself is already super cool. Sharks are always one of the coolest attractions and their shark tunnel did not disappoint. They also held an underwater Q&A while the diver was surrounded by sharks and the kids loved it.
I loved how hands on everything was too. The kids were able to try and feel stingrays and other crustaceans, put on a puppet show, and ask questions during the Q&A. And while it’s not one of the largest aquariums I’ve been to, there was certainly plenty to do, not to mention the atmosphere itself was amazing and the staff was more than knowledgable and hospitable.
6) Cleveland Indians Game: When in season, head to a Cleveland Indians game at Progressive Field! They offer a Kids Ticket for purchase when you purchase any adult ticket, with seats located on the Family Deck. But you can also access the Family Deck without a specific Family Deck ticket. The Family Deck offers a Kids Clubhouse, including a smaller-scale field, two-story slide, Step 2 Zone and more! The kids loved the face painting and balloon animals and it was such a nice change of scenery when they started to get antsy during the game!
7) Cleveland Metroparks Zoo: Not only can you check out the animals in the zoo, but you can head to the indoor rainforest for the ultimate jungle experience.
8). Memphis Kiddie Park: Skip the big amusement park lines and head to the perfect size park for the kids! The park features 10 rides, mini golf, and a concession stand. Most rides are restricted to children 50 inches or less except for the Little Dipper, Merry-Go-Round and Big Creek & Memphis Railway. Which adults can ride too 🙂 It’s one of our favorite stops in the summer!
In addition to these attractions, there are also a ton of fun parks and trails to explore. One of the coolest parts about Cleveland are the smaller suburbs and neighborhoods surrounding the city, all with their own unique charm. Happy exploring!
what do you think?