Having babies is probably the craziest thing I’ve ever done in my life. The miracle of life is something else, I tell ya. From the minute I found out I was pregnant, I was terrified. Would I be a good mom? What would it be like to be pregnant? Would I know when I was in labor? What would labor be like? How would I care for them after I left the hospital?
So. many. questions.
But somehow, it just magically worked out the way it was supposed to work out. There were some hiccups and hardships throughout pregnancy and during labor but I was very, very blessed to have two healthy and happy babies at the end of it all.
1. Did you have an epidural? Yes, with my first. And then a spinal with my second because she was coming too quickly!
2. Was the father in the room? Yes but barely! He was only home from Afghanistan for two weeks when I was induced with my son. My mom and mother-in-law were also in the room for my son’s birth and my photographer was in the room for my daughter’s birth.
3. Were you induced? Yes with N. I had Gestational Diabetes and Z was only home for two weeks so they felt it was a circumstance where it was okay to do it. I wasn’t induced with P but I had my membranes swept that morning and went into labor immediately.
4. Did you find out the sex? Yes, I could’t wait to find out! Since Z was in Afghanistan and wouldn’t be there to find out with me, I had planned to shoot gender reveal photos with my photographer. I wasn’t supposed to find out until a Monday but ended up finding out a few days early at the doctors office. I knew I couldn’t wait to get the photos back to tell my husband so I made a sign and held it up on Skype when we talked later that evening. And then shared these photos the next day to announce it to everyone else <3
We found out early with Miss P at 13 weeks since again, Z wouldn’t be there for the gender reveal appointment. They said there was a slight chance it was too early but it wasn’t and we couldn’t wait to meet our baby girl! We announced her with a video.
5. Due Date? January 10th and January 17th. We didn’t plan that very well hahaha
6. Did you deliver early or late? 39 weeks with both kiddos!
7. Did you have morning sickness? I think I was nauseous but I can’t remember for sure. Maybe I should go back and read my old blog posts haha
8. What did you crave? Sweets with N and anything salty with P. But I had Gestational Diabetes with N so I was on a “diet”.
9. How many pounds did you gain? 25 with N and 50 with P. I was a lot smaller when I got pregnant with P.
10. What was the sex of the baby? Boy then girl.
11. Did you have complications? Yes. I was in pre-term labor at 26.5 weeks with N after a 4th grader barreled into my belly while working. They stopped labor but I was put on bedrest for 5 weeks after. I also had Gestational Diabetes with him. P was a pretty normal pregnancy!
12. Where did you give birth? Cleveland, Ohio and Fort Benning, GA.
13. How many hours were you in labor? Less than 6 hours with both kids.
14. How much did your baby weigh? I think N was 7 lbs 9 oz and P was 6 lbs 11 oz.
15. How old is your baby today? Almost 5.5 and 3.5!
Now it’s your turn! Be sure to tag me so I can read your answers 🙂