I was browsing the interwebz the other day and came across these 50 questions you should ask and answer. And I thought they would be fun to answer! If you decide to fill it out too, tag me somewhere so I can read your answers! I love getting to know more about all of you 🙂 And sometimes these random questions are the best way!
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? In high school it was Sami and in college my nickname was my AOL screename, Samistar haha but now it’s usually just Sam.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read? I’m currently reading The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts. And there’s a post coming on that soon, so be on the lookout!
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like? I don’t doodle anymore but I always used to doodle my name. That was really it haha
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive? I probably do exactly what you’re not supposed to do and check my phone. But before that I try to lay there and focus on my breathing so I can fall asleep. I’ve been sleeping like crap lately too and I am always so damn tired.
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it? Probably not even one day. I HATE silence.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away? Absolutely save. I punch a hole in the and have them on a ring. I also have every single one of my letters with Z from when he was in Basic Training and they’re in a binder.
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know? My husband would say me…
8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost? Hmmm I usually go and find the host of the party and say hello. I don’t walk in and yell “PARTY’S HERE!” or anything. Well, sometimes I do…
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be? I don’t even know.
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror? Every time I pass one I guess.
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? That my parents were going to die when they left for vacations. I was TERRIFIED of that. And I still am I guess.
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up? Shopping, reality TV, coffee.
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know? I don’t know lol
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections? Yeah, I don’t. Magazines, yes.
15. Which animals scare you most? Why? I hate birds. Like city birds. I also hate snakes and spiders.
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on? I engage with it because I hate feeling like someone is mad at me or there’s an elephant in the room.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured? My dad told me he was proud of me. That one always feels good.
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? I bite my nails and over-worry.
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain. Ehhh somewhat. I like things the way I like them and I am kind of messy. My husband tells me I’m an organized mess if that makes sense.
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain. I asked my husband this question and he giggled. So I am guessing, yes lol
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits? I’m working out really hard in the gym right now. Except for the days I’m not and I’m eating Girl Scout cookies instead. But usually 4-5 days a week.
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why? Both. We move around a lot and I have always been good about making friends and putting myself out there. But I have a really small group of people I’m close with.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others? I think both. I want to build my own empire but want to help others to succeed too.
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone? I saw a ghost once. Swear to God. I was coming down my stairs at my old house and saw a white, see through-ish woman in a cape run by my front door.
25. What do you think about more than anything else? Work, having a panic attack, protecting my kids.
26. What’s something that amazes you? How fast kids grow. I hate it 🙁
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why? Give it to me straight.
28. Where’s your favourite place to take an out-of-town guest? We just moved to D.C so duh, The White House!
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why? I would say clean my house but that’s only because I am short on time.
30. Do you have a catchphrase? I don’t think so?
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them? I think we should all be able to share our opinions if done respectfully. If you share yours, be prepared to have people disagree with you.
32. How and where do you prefer to study? I don’t study anymore (Thank goodness) but I usually studied in my room with music on.
33. What position do you sleep in? On my side or on my stomach. I cannot sleep on my back.
34. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why? I think Chicago. My cousins live there so it’s always fun to visit them. But I love the architecture, the feel of the big city, but also the small neighborhoods that make it feel so comfortable.
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new? Sense of humor, kind, and welcoming.
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you? I’m the oldest so I’ve always been a leader, strong-willed, bossy if you will…
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? My fear of something bad happening. I think I would be a lot happier if I didn’t worry so much about something bad happening all the time.
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be? One of my best friends in college.
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I wouldn’t. I love my name.
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not? No. I don’t believe in keeping things a secret or lying.
41. What do you consider unforgivable? I don’t know. I used to think a lot of things would be unforgivable but as you get older you realize you can’t really say until you would be put in that situation.
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not? Yes… live and learn.
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize? If they aren’t apologizing, how can I forgive them? #byefelicia
44.Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for? Not sure I fully understand this one…
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain. Ehhh I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Unless I catch them in a lie or something I usually trust them though.
46. In what area of your life are you immature? Hmm, maybe that I have a hard time forgetting things?
47. What was the best news you ever received? That my husband was coming home from deployment early.
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular? I’m always 100% honest. I HATE liars.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first? Yes, maybe? I don’t know… this question has too many parts lol
50. When do you find yourself singing? In the car, in the shower, whenever I want lol
Now…YOUR TURN! XO