If you follow me on Instagram (and if you don’t, you probably should), you may have seen the AMAZING “Mac and Cheese” I made the other night. Only it wasn’t real Mac and Cheese, it was made with cauliflower!
I had seen the recipe on Pinterest but been hesitant to try it. Could it really be any good?
Well let me tell you, it was beyond good; it was amazing!
I made a few changes to the original recipe I was working off of, and thought it was absolutely delicious. To me, it tasted more like Tator Tot Casserole or Cheesy Potatoes, but either way, you’re going to want to try it!
1 head Cauliflower
2 cups Mild Cheddar shredded cheese (plus a little to sprinkle on top)
8 oz block light cream cheese
4 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
1/2 Vidalia Onion sliced and chopped thin
2 tablespoons minced garlic
6 slices cooked bacon
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking dish.
2. Steam cauliflower florets until tender (I put mine in the microwave for about 5-6 minutes).
3. While cauliflower steams, mix together shredded cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream.
4. Stir in onions, garlic, and cooked bacon.
6. Drain cauliflower, add to cheese mixture and stir until well mixed.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste (and mash a little more if you want a finer texture).
8. Pour into baking dish and sprinkle desired cheese on top.
9. Cover dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes; remove foil and continue to cook until cheese is brown and bubbly.
Like I said, I made alterations from the original recipes because I didn’t have heavy cream, green onions, or Monterey Jack cheese as the recipe called for. Take a look below if you’d like to see another variation. Let me know what you think!